CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Chesterfield Police Department said they have arrested a woman following the death investigation of her 1-year-old daughter.
Police said the infant arrived unresponsive to an area hospital on October 27. The baby girl was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
After an investigation police arrested the mother, Miesha O. Scott, 22, of Chesterfield, on Friday, Oct. 30, and charged her with three counts of felony child neglect. Scott is being held at Riverside Regional Jail with a $1,000 secured bond.
Police are still investigating this incident and ask anyone with information to contact the department at 804-748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660, or through the P3 app.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Authorities say they arrested a 15-year-old boy in connection to a shooting at a suburban Milwaukee mall that injured eight people.
- The Wegmans grocery store in Short Pump was robbed on Saturday afternoon around 3:00 p.m.
- Two shootings took place in Richmond's southside today, just one mile and two hours times separating the incidents. An adult male and a teenage girl are now dead.
- Police continued to search Sunday for the suspect in a shooting at a Wisconsin mall that left seven adults and a teenager injured.
- It's not believed the boy was the intended target and neither were the child's grandmother and 10-year-old sister, who were in the house at the time.
- A Polk County couple won’t serve any prison time in a child abuse case in which a malnourished, injured teenage girl was found hiding in the woods.
- During a press conference Saturday, Judd said 46-year-old Shawn Fitzgerald was arrested Friday and charged with 408 counts of possessing child pornography.
- The Petersburg Police Department announced early Sunday morning they are conducting a death investigation at the 1 block of N. Crater road.
- One man was shot in Henrico County on Saturday night. He is now being treated non-life threatening issues.
- This morning just before 11 a.m. a man was shot and killed outside of a home in Spotsylvania. Deputies from the Spotsylvania County Sheriff's Office located the man suffering from a gunshot wound when called to the 5900 block of Marye Road for a reported shooting.