BRUNSWICK COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office has released security camera footage from Friday morning that shows three men forcing the victim of a homicide into his own home.
At about 7:43 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 4, the office said they received a call for an unresponsive male at the 22000 block of Governor Harrison Parkway near the Brunswick/Greensville county line.
When deputies arrived at the scene they found Shawn David Livingston, 60, of Freeman, Virginia in his home with what appeared to be multiple gunshot wounds.
They said emergency medical personnel pronounced Livingston dead at the scene.
The Sheriff’s Office obtained a home surveillance video which shows at least three people forcing Livingston into his home earlier the same morning around 6:12 a.m. Officials said the initial investigative information shows that drug distribution possibly had a strong influence in this case.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond will be conducting an autopsy.
Anyone who recognizes any of these individuals or has any information regarding this case, is asked to contact the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office at 434-848-3133 or Crime Solver’s at 434-848-2336. A reward of up to $1000 is being offered for information that leads to an arrest for this crime.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A Texas man allegedly stashed away 29 bags of money while working for an armored delivery service.
- The Caroline County Sheriff's Office is investigating a double shooting that took place on AP Hill Boulevard on Monday afternoon. Shots rang out after an accident occurred near the gate entrance to Fort AP Hill.
- A man is dead after a shooting on Stockton Street in Richmond Sunday. This is the seventh fatal shooting in a little over a week in the city.
- Authorities in Chesterfield County and Colonial Heights are seeking public assistance in locating two fugitives wanted for grand larceny.
- Richmond Police are investigating a homicide that happened Sunday afternoon.
- The Henrico Police Department said they have charged a 19-year-old woman with Saturday's fatal pedestrian hit and run.
- Six different shootings with at least six dead — all just within a week. Today, another shooting in Richmond, appears to be the seventh fatal shooting.
- The Petersburg Bureau of Police made an arrest in connection to a shooting. On Saturday, April 10, Petersburg police responded to the 200 block of E. Washington Street, for reports of a shooting.
- The Richmond Police Department told 8News they are currently conducting a death investigation on Stockton Street.
- The Chesterfield County Police Department needs the public's help in identifying a suspect who robbed the Family Dollar on Iron Bridge Road Sunday morning.