BRUNSWICK COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office has released security camera footage from Friday morning that shows three men forcing the victim of a homicide into his own home.
At about 7:43 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 4, the office said they received a call for an unresponsive male at the 22000 block of Governor Harrison Parkway near the Brunswick/Greensville county line.
When deputies arrived at the scene they found Shawn David Livingston, 60, of Freeman, Virginia in his home with what appeared to be multiple gunshot wounds.
They said emergency medical personnel pronounced Livingston dead at the scene.
The Sheriff’s Office obtained a home surveillance video which shows at least three people forcing Livingston into his home earlier the same morning around 6:12 a.m. Officials said the initial investigative information shows that drug distribution possibly had a strong influence in this case.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond will be conducting an autopsy.
Anyone who recognizes any of these individuals or has any information regarding this case, is asked to contact the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office at 434-848-3133 or Crime Solver’s at 434-848-2336. A reward of up to $1000 is being offered for information that leads to an arrest for this crime.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A Seattle, Washington sheriff's office and the DNA Doe Project (DDP) announced Monday that the identity of a young woman whose remains were found in an area near what is now Seattle-Tacoma International Airport as Wendy Stephens of Denver.
- A Virginia police officer charged in the storming of the U.S. Capitol in Washington earlier this month says he and a fellow officer who accompanied him are being fired from their jobs.
- Two men from Chesapeake, Virginia were arrested in November after they traveled to the Philadelphia convention center where votes in the 2020 presidential race were being counted were sent back to jail after their bail was increased due to their participation in the rally near the U.S. Capitol that turned deadly earlier this month.
- A 17-year-old boy was shot in the arm near Weston Circle and West Cawson Street in Hopewell on Monday afternoon.
- The Henrico Police Department is searching for a shooter after an adult male was wounded and property was damaged in the 4600 block of Grand Ledge Court.
- Officials in Chesterfield County and Colonial Heights are seeking public assistance in locating two fugitives.
- Four juveniles have been arrested after a 15-year-old girl died following a fight that led to a stabbing inside a Louisiana Walmart on Saturday.
- Both Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett and Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Chief Randall Taylor referred to the incident as a "mass murder" during a Sunday afternoon press conference.
- A 62-year-old Chesterfield man in a wheelchair was killed Sunday after being hit on Midlothian Turnpike.
- An adult male was taken to the hospital Saturday after police responded to Delmont Street for reports of a shooting.