DINWIDDIE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Authorities are investigating Dinwiddie County’s first homicide since 2018 after the body of a 23-year-old man was found alongside a road earlier in the week.
According to the Dinwiddie County Sheriff’s Office, the body of Zackary Elan Scott was found by the roadway on Rainey Creek Road in the McKenney area of the county on May 20. Scott, 23, has ties to Hopewell and Prince George County, authorities said Friday.
The cause of the death will not be released at this time due to the ongoing investigation, the sheriff’s office said, but they did confirm to 8News that there were signs of trauma on the body.
The body was found Wednesday morning in a ditch by someone walking in the area. 8News spoke with a woman who lives near where the body was discovered. She told 8News two women who frequent the roadway for morning walks came across the body.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- Texas father saves 4-year-old daughter from nearly 12-foot alligator
- 13-year-old driving on grandmother’s lap says he tried to brake before hitting 5 people
- 9-year-old Florida boy saves dad who fractured neck in diving accident
- Lawmakers try to find ways to slow spread of COVID-19 amid spike in cases