CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 23-year-old Norfolk man is charged in connection with a Richmond recycling truck worker’s death.
According to Chesterfield County Police Department, Jordan A. Bouldin is charged with involuntary manslaughter following a fatal crash in the 9800 block of River Road on Thursday, Oct. 1.
There, police say Bouldin fatally struck a recycling company worker, identified as 57-year-old Matthew L. Pitchford.
Police say as Pitchford was collecting recyclables, a Jeep Grand Cherokee attempted to pass the recycling truck. Pitchford was struck and taken to a nearby hospital where he later died.
Bouldin remained on scene.
He was served a warrant concerning the crash and will appear in Chesterfield County General District Court on Wednesday, Nov. 4.
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A two-week shutdown is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Henrico woman pleads guilty to directing laser pointer at police plane
- Conexus ‘Gift of Light’ campaign gifts Richmond student in need