HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — According the Henrico County Police Department, they made four arrests in one day in connection to two robberies involving online sales of electronic devices.
The first incident occurred on Tuesday shortly before 4:45 p.m. at the 4200 block of Innslake Drive. Officers responded to a robbery in which a man attempting to sell two electronic gaming devices through app was robbed by two males. The victim had arranged an address on Innslake to make the sale.
The two men came to the spot, took both of the gaming systems and escaped in separate vehicles. When the victim tried to open one car and get a gaming system back the suspect displayed a gun.
The arrests and charges associated with this robbery are:
- MarQuan Lane, 18, of Henrico- Robbery, Conspiracy to Commit Robbery and Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony (First incident)
- Demonta Blunt, 18, of Henrico – Robbery X2, Conspiracy X2, and Use of a Firearm X2
The second incident of the day occurred around 7:00 p.m. when police apprehended two individuals after the victim said he was meeting someone to purchase an electronic device through an app. A third suspect was found later.
Additional arrests and charges include:
- Kemonte Marks, 19, of Chesterfield- Robbery X2, Conspiracy X2, and Use of a Firearm X2
- Deontae Johnson-Chappelle, 22, of Henrico – Robbery, Conspiracy to Commit Robbery, and Use of a firearm in the commission of a felony (Second Incident).
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A 'porch pirate' was caught on camera this week in Richmond. The perpetrator? Someone dressed as an Amazon delivery driver.
- A body found in Florida Wednesday is presumed to be that of a missing Massachusetts teenager, according to the Bristol County District Attorney's Office.
- Domestic violence survivor speaks out as officials say pandemic & holidays create perfect storm for violenceDomestic violence calls are up around the holidays and police say the pandemic is making matters worse.
- HOLY CROP! Deputies seek a Powhatan man accused of trespassing with an ATV and destroying crops.
- Petersburg police need the public's help identifying a suspect linked to an aggravated assault.
- Before a day of giving thanks, Virginia State Police is asking locals, in kind, to slow down, wear a seatbelt and don't drive distracted.
- Richmond police have identified as suspect in a Hull Street homicide earlier this month. Authorities are hoping the public can help reveal his whereabouts.
- LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Police say a Richmond man faces several charges — including a murder charge — after a person was found dead at a Lynchburg motel Tuesday evening. The Lynchburg Police Department says officers responded to a reported shooting at the Super 8 Motel at 3736 Candlers Mountain Road around 7:15 p.m. on […]
- Five people are wanted for using counterfeit bills to make purchases at a Walmart.
- A Publix in Chesterfield County is the latest grocery store to be robbed in RVA since Saturday.