HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — According the Henrico County Police Department, they made four arrests in one day in connection to two robberies involving online sales of electronic devices.
The first incident occurred on Tuesday shortly before 4:45 p.m. at the 4200 block of Innslake Drive. Officers responded to a robbery in which a man attempting to sell two electronic gaming devices through app was robbed by two males. The victim had arranged an address on Innslake to make the sale.
The two men came to the spot, took both of the gaming systems and escaped in separate vehicles. When the victim tried to open one car and get a gaming system back the suspect displayed a gun.
The arrests and charges associated with this robbery are:
- MarQuan Lane, 18, of Henrico- Robbery, Conspiracy to Commit Robbery and Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony (First incident)
- Demonta Blunt, 18, of Henrico – Robbery X2, Conspiracy X2, and Use of a Firearm X2
The second incident of the day occurred around 7:00 p.m. when police apprehended two individuals after the victim said he was meeting someone to purchase an electronic device through an app. A third suspect was found later.
Additional arrests and charges include:
- Kemonte Marks, 19, of Chesterfield- Robbery X2, Conspiracy X2, and Use of a Firearm X2
- Deontae Johnson-Chappelle, 22, of Henrico – Robbery, Conspiracy to Commit Robbery, and Use of a firearm in the commission of a felony (Second Incident).
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A Front Royal woman was sentenced to seven years in prison earlier this week for her role in masterminding a pill-mill scheme in Northern Virginia that saw her move tens of thousands of illicit oxycodone pills over the course of a decade.
- Police said the body was found lying on the road in the 5000 block of Vayo Avenue around 5 a.m.
- Two former Hanover doctors have agreed to pay $100,000 after allegedly writing morphine prescriptions in violation of the Controlled Substances Act.
- According to the Petersburg Police, the call came in for the shooting around 6 a.m. Police said the man was in the road when he was shot and killed in the 20th block of South Little Church Street. A crime scene was set up next to the Best Inn Petersburg hotel.
- Chesterfield County Police Department is currently seeking the public's assistance in identifying a suspect wanted for an armed bank robbery in North Chesterfield.
- Police in Fairfax are looking for a group of men they believe are breaking into businesses across northern Virginia and stealing ATMs.
- Fredericksburg Police have arrested a man after he allegedly attempted to steal a car in a Five Guys parking lot.
- A Richmond man has been arrested for a deadly double stabbing that occurred Wednesday morning.
- A Richmond doctor has agreed to pay $50,000 after allegedly writing prescriptions in violation of the Controlled Substances Act.
- According to police, officers responded to the corner of Willomett Avenue and Crenshaw Avenue in central Henrico County at around 5 p.m. on Aug. 2 for a report of several gunshots heard in the area.