CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Police say a man is dead and a boy is in the hospital following a double shooting Friday night on Creekview Drive.
Police tell 8News that they received a call around 9 p.m. for the shooting. On arrival, they found a man and a juvenile boy in the street with gunshot wounds. Both were sent to the hospital.
The man was later pronounced dead in the hospital. Police have identified him as 38-year-old Sidney Wells.
The juvenile is still in the hospital. He’s currently listed in critical but stable condition.
Police are investigating the incident as a homicide. There is currently no suspect information available. Anyone with information should contact the Chesterfield County Police Department.
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A two-week shutdown is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Henrico woman pleads guilty to directing laser pointer at police plane
- Conexus ‘Gift of Light’ campaign gifts Richmond student in need
- Chesterfield police investigating stabbing