HENRCIO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Henrico Police Department tweeted a crime alert today stating that one victim has been critically inquired in a shooting at the 600 block if Edgefield Court.
Police say they responded to the scene around 2:45 p.m. for reports of shots fired. Upon arrival the officers were met by people saying help, please help and were directed to the victim in a nearby backyard. The victim has been transported to a local hospital.
The scene was roped off and police surrounded the area for their investigation. Police on the scene told 8News the victim was a male suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
A neighbor told 8News they heard someone screaming around the time of the shooting. Three other neighbors also said they heard at least three gunshots. A school teacher was teaching a zoom class from a nearby home and says she was startled.
Lonnie Green was working on his Ford pickup truck when the shots rang out. He says he didn’t hear them but after living here for over a decade he’s certainly concerned. “We don’t have that go on over in this area,” Green said.
The police are continuing to investigate the incident and do not currently have a suspected shooter.
“I don’t know what it was,” Green said. “But hopefully we can come together as one and solve all of our issues and problems.”
- Car fire on S Plaza Trail in Virginia Beach
- DOD: Captain killed in ‘non-combat related vehicle incident’ overseas, Air Force death investigation underway
- Mike Tyson returns to ring, draws in exhibition with Jones
- Dave Prowse, actor who played Darth Vader, dies at 85
- Vanderbilt K Fuller becomes first woman to play in Power 5