HOPEWELL, Va. (WRIC) — Hopewell Police have arrested a 21-year-old in connection to the deadly shooting of Earl Thomas Osborne.
On November 15, officers responded to the 2200 block of Atlantic Street near the CN & Y Corner Store at 4:28 p.m. for reports of an individual who was shot.
When officers arrived they found 35-year-old Earl Thomas Osborne suffering from a gunshot wound.
Osborne was taken John Randolph Medical Center for treatment, where he later died. The medical examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine a cause of death.
During the homicide investigation, authorities identified 21-year-old Deante Henry as the suspected shooter. Hopewell Police obtained warrants on Henry for the following:
- 1st Degree Murder
- Use of Firearm in Commission of Felony
- Posses Firearm by Felon
- Shooting in a Public Place
On Nov. 16, Henry was arrested in Hopewell by members of the U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force.
Henry is being held at Riverside Regional Jail pending his arraignment.
The Hopewell Police Department is requesting that any person(s) who may have witnessed any activity in the area of the CN & Y Corner Store, 2223 Atlantic Street or been in the area at the time or have any information to provide, to contact Lead Detective Keith Krueger of the Hopewell Criminal Investigations Unit at (804) 541-2284.
- Newsfeed Now: Second stimulus check?; 4-year-old gets garbage-themed birthday party
- Actualizaciones de coronavirus: Casos continúan aumentando en Henrico, Richmond
- Junta Escolar de Richmond vota para tener aprendizaje “totalmente virtual” este otoño
- Coronavirus updates: Cases continue to climb in Henrico, Richmond
- Florida workers surprise 4-year-old girl with garbage truck birthday parade