HOPEWELL, Va. (WRIC) — The Hopewell Police Department said they are investigating two shootings that took place earlier today.
Officers responded to a report of multiple gunshots being fired just before 1 p.m. at the 2400 block of Wakefield Street. When police arrived, they said they found a man who had a non-life-threating gunshot wound. The victim was transported to an area hospital for medical treatment.
Witnesses said they saw a silver, mid-sized SUV leaving the area that may be involved in the incident.
Specifics about the motive, circumstances, as well as the identity of the victim have not been released at this time. Police said the victim is being uncooperative with the investigation and the incident does not appear to be random.
The department received a second report of multiple shots being fired at 2 p.m. on the 2300 block of Maclin Circle.
When officers arrived to the scene they found a residence that had been shot multiple times. While the property was damaged no one inside of it was hurt during the shooting.
The department has initiated an investigation into this incident and recovered several shell casings from the roadway.
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact Lead Detective Shawn Grant of the Hopewell Criminal Investigations Unit at 804-41-2284. You can also give anonymous tips through the Hopewell Prince George Crimesolvers hotline in Hopewell at 804-541-2202 or through the P3tips mobile app.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The Ashland Police Department are looking into who is behind pieces of Nazi propaganda found posted on several businesses in town early Sunday morning.
- Richmond police are investigating after a woman was found dead from an apparent gunshot wound on Saturday night.
- Police responded to calls of shots fired Saturday night and found a victim suffering from a gunshot wound. Officers from Richmond Police Department arrived at the scene on the 2000 block of Maury Street, where they found the victim and transported them to a nearby hospital for treatment
- The Henrico County Police Department is investigating a disturbing letter from a known hate group delivered to a resident in Sandston.
- The Ettrick Deli of River Road in Chesterfield County has been burglarized for the fifth time in three months, and now police in Chesterfield are looking for the public's help in identifying a suspect in the most recent break-in.
- More than 10 years after Samantha Clarke went missing from her home in Orange County, investigators are reclassifying the case as an abduction and murder investigation.
- Officials are reporting a possible bomb threat at the Virginia Supreme Court in downtown Richmond.
- MONROE, Wis. (AP) — A 16-year-old boy has admitted fatally shooting his newborn daughter and leaving her body inside a fallen tree in the woods in southern Wisconsin, according to prosecutors. Logan Kruckenburg-Anderson, of Albany, is charged as an adult with first-degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse. He's being held on $1 million bail […]
- A U.S. Navy SEAL has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter for his role in the hazing death of a U.S. Army Green Beret in Africa.
- 35-year-old Cornelle Parker and 31-year-old Meredith Williams were arrested on drug charges, in Stafford, in addition to being wanted for outstanding warrants.