HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A man is accused of murdering his wife after officers say they found her dead body inside a West End home.
According to police, county officers were called to a home on Brookwater Drive Monday morning. There, the body of 64-year-old Mui Barron dead inside. 8News has learned that Barron was an assistant teacher at Richmond Montessori School in Tuckahoe.
The private school released the following statement, saying “Our community is heartbroken by this loss and she will be greatly missed. Mui was a kind and dedicated educator, and we will honor her contributions and memories as a community in the weeks to come.”
Michael Barron was arrested and charged with second-degree murder.
Police and the Medical Examiner are still investigating a cause of death.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Senior with cognitive impairment missing in Virginia, authorities say
- WATCH: Trump speaks while protesters gather outside Newport News rally
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Tiny Rubik’s Cube goes on sale in Japan to mark 40th anniversary
- Fake News: A look at what didn’t happen last week