LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The Clark County Coroner’s Office has identified the 1-month baby that was allegedly thrown off a balcony by her father in the southeast valley as London Martin.
The 29-day-old baby died from blunt force head trauma, according to the Coroner’s Office. Her death is being ruled a homicide.
London’s father, 32-year-old Clarence Martin Jr., and the child’s mother had been arguing before Martin threw the child off the balcony, according to LVMPD. Martin then set the apartment on fire, killing the family dog.
It happened just before 4 a.m. Saturday at an apartment near Eastern Avenue and St. Rose Parkway.
LVMPD Lt. Ray Spencer said Martin was taken to a hospital for treatment of injuries from the crashes and evaluation for drug use.
He was booked in absentia for Open Murder, Animal Cruelty and Arson.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Five people are wanted for using counterfeit bills to make purchases at a Walmart.
- A Publix in Chesterfield County is the latest grocery store to be robbed in RVA since Saturday.
- Several high-end grocery stores were robbed in Richmond and Henrico County over the last week.
- Virginia State Police is heading an officer-involved shooting investigation after a deputy was shot four times in Rockingham County.
- EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — U.S. Border Patrol agents found two undocumented immigrants hidden in the trunk of a small car on Saturday at a checkpoint in California, according to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection news release.
- Police are looking for Lamar Shermon Hill, 36, who is wanted for the attempted murder of a police officer. Police say Hill is considered armed and dangerous.
- Richmond Police are investigating a shooting that claimed the life of Chae’Meshia Simms, a transgender woman in her 30’s.
- The Trader Joe's in the Stony Point Shopping Center was robbed at gunpoint on Monday, according to the Richmond Police Department.
- The U.S. government now plans to execute the first female inmate in almost six decades just days before President-elect Joe Biden, an opponent of the death penalty, takes office.
- The latest crime statistics show violent crime is on the rise across the country, with murders up dramatically in America’s three largest cities.