LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 30-year-old Louisa County man will spend a decade behind bars after pleading guilty to drugs and weapons charges.
Jose C. Loayza, 30, pled guilty to possession of over 100 grams of Methamphetamine and possession of firearms while in possession of drugs. Loayza was captured on Dec. 11, 2019. He had been the subject of a drug trafficking investigation.
Law enforcement officers found Loayza in possession of nearly 200 grams of Methamphetamine and three handguns. Detectives also found $6,034 in small bills in his pockets.
Following his sentence, Loayza will be extradited from the United States.
- Friends mourn beloved local karate instructor killed in chain-reaction crash in Powhatan
- More than 6,000 Virginia Tech graduates to be honored at spring commencement this week
- Sinkhole drains man-made lake in St. Louis
- Here’s how the Colonial Pipeline shutdown could impact Virginia drivers
- Richmond VA Medical Center testing implant to help paralyzed veterans walk again