LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 30-year-old Louisa County man will spend a decade behind bars after pleading guilty to drugs and weapons charges.
Jose C. Loayza, 30, pled guilty to possession of over 100 grams of Methamphetamine and possession of firearms while in possession of drugs. Loayza was captured on Dec. 11, 2019. He had been the subject of a drug trafficking investigation.
Law enforcement officers found Loayza in possession of nearly 200 grams of Methamphetamine and three handguns. Detectives also found $6,034 in small bills in his pockets.
Following his sentence, Loayza will be extradited from the United States.
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A two-week shutdown is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Henrico woman pleads guilty to directing laser pointer at police plane
- Conexus ‘Gift of Light’ campaign gifts Richmond student in need