ARLINGTON COUNTY, Va. (WDVM) — A Virginia man is accused of throwing two dogs off of a balcony on Monday afternoon. The dogs died from their injuries.
The Arlington County Police Department responded to the 1400 block of N. Taft Street around 2:30 p.m. and determined that 26-year-old Zachary Henson “allegedly threw two dogs off the balcony of a residence.” The dogs were already taken to animal hospitals before police arrived, and were pronounced dead.
Hanson is charged with two counts of cruelty to animals and is held without bond, police said.
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer
- Anthem, Feed More to give food to those in need at Richmond event on Tuesday
- Moon bear at Virginia Zoo dies after severe infection