RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A man was shot to death early Friday morning in Richmond.
Richmond Police said they responded to the intersection of Broad Rock Boulevard and Epperson Avenue for a report of random gunfire around 12:45 a.m.
According to officers, when they arrived they found a man suffering from a gunshot in the 4700 block of Epperson Avenue. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The medical examiner will determine the cause and manner of death.
Anyone with information should contact Major Crimes Detective K. Hughes at (804) 646-3917 or Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A Chesterfield family was forced to grieve the loss of their daughter for a second time after a prized possession was swiped from their vehicle.
- Richmond Police are investigating after a man reported he was the victim of a robbery early Monday morning.
- A man seen forcefully exhaling on two women outside President Donald Trump’s Virginia golf course has been charged with assault.
- Authorities say they arrested a 15-year-old boy in connection to a shooting at a suburban Milwaukee mall that injured eight people.
- The Wegmans grocery store in Short Pump was robbed on Saturday afternoon around 3:00 p.m.
- Two shootings took place in Richmond's southside Sunday, just one mile and two hours time separating the incidents. A teenage girl is now dead and a man attempted to take his own life.
- Police continued to search Sunday for the suspect in a shooting at a Wisconsin mall that left seven adults and a teenager injured.
- It's not believed the boy was the intended target and neither were the child's grandmother and 10-year-old sister, who were in the house at the time.
- A Polk County couple won’t serve any prison time in a child abuse case in which a malnourished, injured teenage girl was found hiding in the woods.
- During a press conference Saturday, Judd said 46-year-old Shawn Fitzgerald was arrested Friday and charged with 408 counts of possessing child pornography.