HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 23-year-old was charged with murder after police said he shot a 40-year-old man inside a Henrico County residence Thursday night.
Police were called to the 5000 block of Sandpiper Drive for a shooting just before 9:45 p.m. on Jan. 16. When officers arrived on scene they found a man, later identified as Philip D. Adkins of Henrico, who had been shot dead, authorities said.
On Saturday, Henrico Police said they have arrested Deion Lincoln Smallwood of Richmond. He has been charged with murder, authorities said.
Anyone with information, to include home surveillance should contact Henrico police at 501.5000 or anonymously at Crime Stoppers at 780.1000.
- Hundreds participate in birthday parade for 1-year-old Walmart shooting survivor
- 100th birthday celebrated with drive by parade
- Virginia War Memorial to livestream Memorial Day ceremony, how to commemorate the day from home
- Coronavirus update: COVID-19 testing in Ashland this week
- Police investigating gas station robbery