HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 23-year-old was charged with murder after police said he shot a 40-year-old man inside a Henrico County residence Thursday night.
Police were called to the 5000 block of Sandpiper Drive for a shooting just before 9:45 p.m. on Jan. 16. When officers arrived on scene they found a man, later identified as Philip D. Adkins of Henrico, who had been shot dead, authorities said.
On Saturday, Henrico Police said they have arrested Deion Lincoln Smallwood of Richmond. He has been charged with murder, authorities said.
Anyone with information, to include home surveillance should contact Henrico police at 501.5000 or anonymously at Crime Stoppers at 780.1000.
- Virginia rallies past winless Duke, 38-20
- Stafford County Fire and Rescue extinguishes structure fire early Saturday morning
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Richmond Fire Department fights two fires on Saturday
- StormTracker 8: Cloudy with patchy fog tonight