HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 23-year-old was charged with murder after police said he shot a 40-year-old man inside a Henrico County residence Thursday night.
Police were called to the 5000 block of Sandpiper Drive for a shooting just before 9:45 p.m. on Jan. 16. When officers arrived on scene they found a man, later identified as Philip D. Adkins of Henrico, who had been shot dead, authorities said.
On Saturday, Henrico Police said they have arrested Deion Lincoln Smallwood of Richmond. He has been charged with murder, authorities said.
Anyone with information, to include home surveillance should contact Henrico police at 501.5000 or anonymously at Crime Stoppers at 780.1000.
- Great 8 Weekend Events: Mardi Gras RVA, Drag Bingo, 80s Sunday Brunch and more!
- Maryland Walmart employee becomes unlikely viral sensation
- Ryan Newman walking around, playing with daughters in hospital 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Burger King launches new ad featuring moldy Whopper
- Arkansas police officer volunteers for “daddy-daughter dance”