PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — A man was shot and killed in Petersburg on Saturday night around 9 p.m. The Petersburg Police Department says they responded to a call for a person shot in the 700 block of Independence Avenue.
Upon arrival officers located the victim, 43-year-old Michael Wilson of Petersburg. Wilson was taken to the hospital for life-threatening injuries where he later died.
Police say Wilson was shot in a residence during a social gathering.
They have not released any information about a suspect yet and are asking for the public’s help in gathering information. Anyone who knows anything about the incident can call the Petersburg/Dinwiddie Crime Solvers at 804-861-1212 or use the p3tips app.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The girlfriend and friend of the man killed in a hit-and-run Friday night along Berwyn Street are demanding justice for his death.
- The Virginia State Police said they arrested a 17-year-old boy after he led troopers on a high-speed chase in a stolen car on Monday morning that ended in a vehicle crash.
- The man allegedly told authorities the gun belonged to his wife and he didn't know he had her gun with him. He arrested and faces a fine.
- The Petersburg Bureau of Police said a 14-year-old was grazed by a bullet Sunday evening.
- A Richmond-area musician is looking for the public's help after the tool most important to his line of work was stolen: his cello.
- The Chesterfield County Police Department has requested a juvenile petition for an 11-year-old male who allegedly called in a bomb threat to Salem Church Middle School on April 16.
- Police in Fredericksburg have arrested a Stafford man who fired a gun during a fight early Sunday morning.
- The Chesterfield County/Colonial Heights Crime Solvers are searching for a credit card fraud suspect and a credit card theft suspect.
- The Richmond Police Department found a man shot near Pollard Park on Friday afternoon.
- Two men from the Chesterfield area are facing multiple charges for a February incident that left one man dead in Richmond.