RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Police Department have identified the man who was killed in a shooting Sunday morning near Carter Jones Park in the city’s southside.
The victim has been identified as Marcio Justino, a man in his 20s.
Police responded to the 00 block of West Clopton Street just a few minutes after midnight. Once on scene, Justino with a gunshot wound lying in the roadway. Detectives determined the victim was shot inside his Clopton Street home and collapsed outside.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
This was the fifth shooting to occur in Richmond this weekend.
RPD said it is still working to identify a suspect in this homicide.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000. The P3 Tips Crime Stoppers app for smartphones also may be used. Both Crime Stoppers reporting methods are anonymous.
- Trump’s pick to lead Homeland Security pressed on origins of family-separation policy
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Vehicle Accident causing delays on Route 301 in Henrico
- Virginia school district apologizes for history of racism
- Pregnant woman struck, killed by gunfire during argument with boyfriend, police say
- GRTC reports 21st employee case of COVID-19