STAFFORD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Stafford County deputies have released the name of a man accused of killing his wife on Halloween before turning the gun on himself.
According to the Stafford County Sheriff’s Office, 57-year-old Peter Francis Sr. was identified as a murder-suicide suspect. The victim was identified as 53-year-old Michele Francis.
Deputies responded to a residence on Baldwin Drive following a report of a shooting around 10 p.m. The caller informed authorities they heard two gunshots come from the upstairs of the residence.
Deputies arrived and located the married couple in the master bedroom. Both had sustained single gunshot wounds.
Police Peter Francis Sr. shot his wife, Michele, before killing himself.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Texas deputy AG apologizes to Simone Biles after calling her ‘childish’ and ‘selfish’
- Reigning BMX gold medalist Connor Fields stretchered off
- Fully vaccinated North Carolina couple who got COVID-19 have message for others
- Navy: Sailor suspected of starting fire that destroyed ship on San Diego Bay
- Florida 7-year-old shot by younger sibling while caregiver slept, deputies say