CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — Chesterfield authorities have arrested two men in relation to the robbery at Super 8 Motel Thursday afternoon.
According to Chesterfield Police, the suspects entered the motel just before 5 p.m. The suspects demanded money from the clerk and displayed a firearm, police said. After getting money, the suspects ran away.
Based off a tip police were able to identify the suspects as Luke J. Johnson, 45, and Harry L. Jines Jr., 53.
Johnson was arrested and charged with robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery, use of a firearm while in the commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
Jines was arrested and charged with robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery.
Jines and Johnson are being held at the Chesterfield County Jail.
Anyone with information should contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at 804-748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660 or through the P3 app
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Chesterfield County and Colonial Heights Crime Solvers is asking for the public's help to find two fugitives this week.
- A 'porch pirate' was caught on camera this week in Richmond. The perpetrator? Someone dressed as an Amazon delivery driver.
- A body found in Florida Wednesday is presumed to be that of a missing Massachusetts teenager, according to the Bristol County District Attorney's Office.
- Domestic violence survivor speaks out as officials say pandemic & holidays create perfect storm for violenceDomestic violence calls are up around the holidays and police say the pandemic is making matters worse.
- HOLY CROP! Deputies seek a Powhatan man accused of trespassing with an ATV and destroying crops.
- Petersburg police need the public's help identifying a suspect linked to an aggravated assault.
- Before a day of giving thanks, Virginia State Police is asking locals, in kind, to slow down, wear a seatbelt and don't drive distracted.
- Richmond police have identified as suspect in a Hull Street homicide earlier this month. Authorities are hoping the public can help reveal his whereabouts.
- LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Police say a Richmond man faces several charges — including a murder charge — after a person was found dead at a Lynchburg motel Tuesday evening. The Lynchburg Police Department says officers responded to a reported shooting at the Super 8 Motel at 3736 Candlers Mountain Road around 7:15 p.m. on […]
- Five people are wanted for using counterfeit bills to make purchases at a Walmart.