RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) -– A Richmond man will serve 15 years in prison for firing a handgun during an armed robbery in Petersburg.
In November 2014, Deontae J. Hargrave, 28, committed an armed robbery of a 7-Eleven convenience. According to the Department of Justice, when demanding money from the cashier, Hargrave fired a .40 caliber round of ammunition into the display case behind the cashier.
Hargrave stole $40 and three packs of cigarettes, and subsequently, sent a threatening letter to a detective investigating a crime he was allegedly involved in.
In 2015, Hargrave pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 270 months in prison. Following appeals, the 15-year-sentence was confirmed.
- It’s here — the best deals of Prime Day 2021
- Vehicle overturns into James River Sunday, causing one death
- 8 kids in youth van among the 13 lives lost to Claudette
- Timeline of the search for Summer Wells
- StormTracker8: Tropical Depression Claudette makes an exit soon; Another hot day ahead to start the workweek