RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) -– A Richmond man will serve 15 years in prison for firing a handgun during an armed robbery in Petersburg.
In November 2014, Deontae J. Hargrave, 28, committed an armed robbery of a 7-Eleven convenience. According to the Department of Justice, when demanding money from the cashier, Hargrave fired a .40 caliber round of ammunition into the display case behind the cashier.
Hargrave stole $40 and three packs of cigarettes, and subsequently, sent a threatening letter to a detective investigating a crime he was allegedly involved in.
In 2015, Hargrave pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 270 months in prison. Following appeals, the 15-year-sentence was confirmed.
- StormTracker 8: Areas of fog this morning
- Richmond ‘porch pirate’ dressed as Amazon employee
- 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash Thanksgiving night in Richmond’s northside
- Many will be shopping online this holiday season & crooks are counting on it
- Was the first Thanksgiving actually in Virginia? The descendant of one settler says no question