PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Petersburg Police are looking for the person who stole a rifle from an officer’s patrol vehicle Thursday night.
The department said the theft occurred between the hours of 10:15 p.m. and 11:35 p.m. The patrol rifle was reportedly stolen out of the trunk of the vehicle, which was parked outside the officer’s home in the East Walnut Hill area of the city.
No other information has been released at this time.
Anyone with information, or who may have been in the area and seen something, is asked to call Crime Solvers at (804) 861-1212.
“Remember Crime Solvers pays a reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.”Petersburg Police
- Financial hits pile up for colleges as some fight to survive
- The Latest: World Athletics suspends Olympic qualification
- NYC virus deaths exceed 3,200, topping toll for 9/11 attacks
- Pilot program connects VCU Health doctors, first responders in rural Virginia counties amid pandemic
- ‘Don’t have shame’: Advice from a financial planner if you lost your job due to coronavirus