A Pittsburgh firefighter was arrested in Chesterfield after a sting operation by the FBI’s Child Exploitation Task Force.
“The charges against the firefighter, identified in an FBI investigation as Brian Kosanovich, are deeply disturbing,” Pittsburgh Public Safety officials said.
According to ABC-affiliate WTAE, Kosanovich spent two months communicating on social media with someone he thought was a woman who had a 10-year-old daughter. According to federal documents from the Eastern District of Virginia, the woman was actually a federal agent assigned to the FBI task force. He told the woman he was a 50-year-old man from Pittsburgh. During the conversations, Kosanovich set up a meeting with the woman and 10-year-old for sex.
Kosanovich traveled to Virginia and was arrested Tuesday at a Chili’s restaurant in Midlothian.
The Midlothian Chili’s was where Kosanovich and the undercover agent posing as the mother arranged to meet, according to federal documents.
He is charged with coercion and enticement and remains in police custody.
Police said he was immediately removed from duty and placed on unpaid administrative leave pending an administrative investigation.
- WATCH: Trump speaks while protesters gather outside Newport News rally
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Tiny Rubik’s Cube goes on sale in Japan to mark 40th anniversary
- Fake News: A look at what didn’t happen last week
- GOP expecting Trump to name Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court