JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A 20-year-old Richmond man who used Snapchat to initiate the sexual abuse of a 12-year-old girl from James City County told the girl he was 16, police say.
The James City County Police Department says they were tipped about Timothy Huth-Scruggs on July 14 by the mother of the 12-year-old.
Police say they were told Huth-Scruggs and the girl were corresponding on Snapchat, with Huth-Scruggs saying he was 16-years-old. The girl told him she was 13.
Sometime between July 6 and July 8, police say Huth-Scruggs drove from Richmond to James City County in the early morning hours and picked the victim up from her home. He then drove to a parking lot in the county, where police say Huth-Scruggs raped the girl.
He’s been charged with rape, object sexual penetration, aggravated sexual battery and 2 counts of use of electronic means to solicit a child in a sex crime. All are felonies, police say.
Huth-Scruggs was arrested on July 17 and taken to Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail.
- Get in the holiday ‘spirit’ with Sam’s Club’s new wine advent calandar
- Game 1 of Astros-Twins to lead off MLB playoff coverage on ABC
- Trump claims he paid ‘millions’ in taxes despite returns showing he paid $750 in 2016, no taxes some years
- Armed carjackers steal vehicle and cell phone in Henrico, police searching for suspects
- Police arrest man for malicious wounding at the circle on Monument Ave