PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Four men have been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a Petersburg man.
Police were called to the area of Sixth and Accomack streets following reports of a person down on Jan. 4 around 3 a.m. Arriving officers found a man shot. The victim, later identified as Ronald Raines, died as a result of the injuries.
Four men were arrested by the Petersburg Bureau of Police Major Crimes Unit with the assistance of the U.S Marshals Fugitive Task Force.
Latrell Thomas was arrested on Jan. 4, Daekwon Taylor was arrested on Jan. 7 and Melvin Langford and Russel Morton Jr. were taken into custody Tuesday without incident.
All four men have been charged with malicious wounding. All four are being held at Riverside Regional Jail pending a court appearance.
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Here’s why Biden and Trump are laser focused on fracking
- Biden campaign launches ‘TrumpCovidPlan.com’ — a site that reads ‘Not Found’
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism
- Election 2020 FAQ: What identification do I need to take to my polling place?