PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Four men have been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a Petersburg man.
Police were called to the area of Sixth and Accomack streets following reports of a person down on Jan. 4 around 3 a.m. Arriving officers found a man shot. The victim, later identified as Ronald Raines, died as a result of the injuries.
Four men were arrested by the Petersburg Bureau of Police Major Crimes Unit with the assistance of the U.S Marshals Fugitive Task Force.
Latrell Thomas was arrested on Jan. 4, Daekwon Taylor was arrested on Jan. 7 and Melvin Langford and Russel Morton Jr. were taken into custody Tuesday without incident.
All four men have been charged with malicious wounding. All four are being held at Riverside Regional Jail pending a court appearance.
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- Texas father saves 4-year-old daughter from nearly 12-foot alligator
- 13-year-old driving on grandmother’s lap says he tried to brake before hitting 5 people
- 9-year-old Florida boy saves dad who fractured neck in diving accident
- Lawmakers try to find ways to slow spread of COVID-19 amid spike in cases