RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Police Department is conducting a death investigation linked to a reported early morning shooting on W Broad Street.
The department said officers responded to a reported shooting on the 2200 block of W. Broad Street just before 2 a.m. When they arrived, officers discovered the victim, a man, had been driven to a local hospital by a private vehicle. The man was pronounced dead at the hospital, and RPD said the Medical Examiner will determine his cause of death.
Detectives said they determined the incident took place on the 2000 block of W Broad Street.
RPD said W Broad Street is a major thoroughfare and ask anyone who saw anything suspicious near the intersection of N Allison Street to contact them.
Anyone with information is asked to call Major Crimes Detective K. Hughes at 804-646-3917 and 804-385-7269 or Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000.
This is a developing story, stay with 8News for updates.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A man suffered life-threatening injuries in a shooting on Idlewood Avenue Wednesday night.
- The Richmond Police Department is investigating a deadly assault in Richmond's southside. Police found a woman dead inside of a structure in the 3500 block of East Broad Rock Road on Wednesday evening.
- Caron Wilkins was shot and killed yesterday evening. When officers arrived they found Wilkins lying on the sidewalk and need your help finding the suspect.
- The Richmond Police Department has arrested a woman suspected of sharing names, addresses and photos of three RPD officers.
- The Richmond Police Department identified a pedestrian who died after being hit by a car back in December 2020.
- A 31-year-old was arrested and charged with driving under the influence after a fatal crash early Monday morning left a woman dead.
- EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — Chicken lollipops with rawhide stems might sound like something your dog would enjoy, but they're bad news for customs officials.
- A California college student missing for nearly 25 years was once buried in the backyard of the home owned by the murder suspect's father, authorities said in a court document.
- The Henrico County Police Department is asking for the public's help in locating a suspect in a homicide that occurred in the 200 block of Knights Manor Court on April 20.
- The Stafford County Sheriff's Office said it has arrested two people who were racing each other while under the influence Saturday night.