RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Police have identified the victim in last week’s shooting at a McDonald’s.
According to authorities, at around 8 p.m. on Thursday, November 5, officers responded to the 6800 block of Midlothian Turnpike for the report of a person shot. Police found Ja’Shawn Pressley suffering from a gunshot wound inside a vehicle.
Pressley was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives told 8News Sierra Fox that they do not believe it was a suicide. A death investigation is ongoing.
The Medical Examiner will determine the cause and manner of death.
Anyone with information is asked to call Major Crimes Detective J. Higgins at (804) 646-7570 or Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A Farmington man pleaded guilty on Tuesday to suffocating a one-year-old to death in 2017 and concealing the child's body in a plastic tub for more than two weeks.
- The Richmond Police Department identified the victim in Sunday's death investigation along Stockton Street.
- Local and state officials are also assisting in the investigation, according to FBI spokesperson Christina Pullen. She said they have been at the airport since around 8 a.m.
- The investigation involving the tampering of several Richmond-area mail collection boxes is still "active and ongoing," according to the United States Postal Inspection Service.
- Richmond Police are investigating a shooting that injured a woman last night in the city's southside.
- The Chesterfield County Police Department is searching for a man suspected of robbing a CVS on Midlothian Turnpike.
- Anthony Mammarella, 38, of Stafford was arrested and charged in connection to a domestic dispute in which he fired a gun from inside his home in close proximity of a young child.
- A Texas man allegedly stashed away 29 bags of money while working for an armored delivery service.
- UPDATE: Suspect arrested, two people in critical condition after double shooting on AP Hill BoulevardThe Caroline County Sheriff's Office is investigating a double shooting that took place on AP Hill Boulevard on Monday afternoon. Shots rang out after an accident occurred near the gate entrance to Fort AP Hill.
- A man is dead after a shooting on Stockton Street in Richmond Sunday. This is the seventh fatal shooting in a little over a week in the city.