ASHLAND, Va. (WRIC) — Authorities in Hanover County are investigating a bank robbery in Ashland on Monday afternoon.
The Ashland Police Department posted on its Facebook page that at 2:45 p.m., an unknown man entered the BB&T in the 700 block of England Street and handed a note demanding money to the clerk.
The suspect, whose picture was shared by Ashland police, reportedly left without displaying any weapons. No injuries were reported, police said.
No additional information, including the amount stolen or if money was indeed taken, was provided.
Anyone with any information about this crime should call 365-6140 or Crime Stoppers at 780-1000.
- StormTracker 8: Mild on Monday; Mid-week 90s
- Owners of an Ohio bakery armed themselves with guns as violent protesters tried to get inside
- Heavy police presence at Saturday night’s protests in Roanoke, businesses close early from threat
- Protesters march in Richmond Sunday night after curfew set by Gov. Northam
- Capitol Square closed until further notice