HOPEWELL, Va. (WRIC) — Police are searching for a man accused of robbing a Hopewell-area Family Dollar.
According to police, it happened Monday at the Dollar General Store located at the 700 South 6th Avenue just before 9:10 p.m. Police said the suspect picked up items and attempted to pay at the register with a card that didn’t work. After many failed attempts, officers say the suspect told the clerk, “Open the drawer and give me the money,” and flashed a gun.
The clerk complied and the suspect ran off with an unknown amount of money. No one was injured.
The Hopewell Police Department is requesting that any person(s) who may have information regarding this crime or who may have been traveling in and/or around the area at the time or have any information to provide, to contact the Hopewell Criminal Investigations Unit at (804) 541-2284.
- StormTracker 8: Perfect Today; Hurricane season officially starts
- Owners of an Ohio bakery armed themselves with guns as violent protesters tried to get inside
- Heavy police presence at Saturday night’s protests in Roanoke, businesses close early from threat
- Protesters march in Richmond Sunday night after curfew set by Gov. Northam
- Capitol Square closed until further notice