CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Chesterfield County Police have arrested a man accused of sexually assaulted a 7-year-old boy.
Police said their investigation found Robin Thomas, 40, of the 5300 block of Hunt Master Drive, inappropriately touched the child on several occasions while babysitting him. 8News learned Thomas offered to babysit for the victim’s mother, a proposition that was accepted according to police.
Thomas was arrested on March 4, and charged with three counts of aggravated sexual battery and three counts of taking indecent liberties with a child.
Officials said the investigation is still ongoing and they believe Thomas may have additional victims, with multiple incidents as far as 2018. Police told 8News they know of a least one additional child who did stay with Thomas in a babysitting role. Police, however, do not believe he is a victim at this time.
Thomas is currently being held at Riverside Regional Jail in Prince George.
The department asks anyone with information should contact them at (804) 748-1252.
- Tuttle, D lift No. 10 Indiana past No. 18 Wisconsin 14-6
- Armstrong, balance lead Virginia past Boston College, 43-32
- Book leads No. 2 Notre Dame past Syracuse to 45-21 victory in home finale
- Hockman, defense carry NC State over Georgia Tech, 23-13
- Richmond feeding agencies receive 20,000 pounds of potatoes from Society of St. Andrew