CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A man who was shot after he was robbed in his home in Chesterfield County has died.
Chesterfield Police said Friday that 51-year-old David W. Crostic died at the hospital.
At around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, officers were called to a house in the 14900 block of Rowlett Road after receiving a report that a man had been shot during a robbery.
Police said two unknown suspects forced entry into the home and demanded money. After they received the money, they shot the man and left the house.
Crostic, who lived at the house, was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. He later died at the hospital.
“Could’ve been anybody … yeah, it’s concerning,” said Carter Kirk, who lives behind the victim. “I thought something minor had happened, then I see forensics out here.”
Kirk told 8News he has lived in the area for about a year and says he got along with the home invasion victim.
“He a nice dude,” Kirk said. “I see him out there every now and then making bonfires, and you would never expect this to happen to him.”
Police continue their investigation into this incident. Anyone with information should contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at (804) 748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660 or through the P3 app.
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Deputies say hamburger contained more than special sauce
- VCU advances to Atlantic 10 men’s basketball championship game
- UNC breezes to 2nd win over Duke, 91-73
- Watch out! Drivers in Chesterfield will see an increased police presence on Hull Street Road