Richmond Police say a man who was found dead at a mobile home park on Jefferson Davis Highway earlier this week was murdered.
Carlos D. Delgado, 65, was found shot to death in the doorway of his home at around 9:50 p.m. Tuesday.
The shooting was one of two that police responded to within two hours on Richmond’s Southside.
A friend of Delgado’s told 8News he was a father to two men and a ‘fun’ guy who had only lived at the mobile home for a short time.
“It’s sad, man,” said the friend, who asked to remain anonymous. “He made sure he stayed to himself.”
Investigators have not released any suspect information at this time, but Delgado’s friend said he’s heard rumors that the 65-year-old may have been shot during an attempted robbery.
“They try to go inside, try to take or look for money,” he said. “They say he covered his face.”
Police are asking anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at (804) 330-8814.
- Police chase results in crash, two bystanders help trooper restrain driver
- ‘Angst between the ranks’ after Richmond mandates vaccines for city employees
- ‘Lol at all of this’: $28 Sam Adams beer found on menu at New York airport
- Richmond in need of grief counselors after mayor declares gun violence a public health crisis
- StormTracker8: Clearing skies tonight, warmer day on Thursday