RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A Richmond man has been indicted for murder by a grand jury following the death investigation of his toddler daughter, according to the Richmond Police Department.
Police said last year Isaiah Nipson, was charged with abuse and neglect of a child in connection with the death of his daughter.
The Richmond police said at about 11:31 a.m. on Aug. 6, 2019, officers were called to the 1200 block of Coalter Street for a report of a child in destress. When police arrived, they found the child unresponsive. She was then transported to a hospital where she later died.
The child was in Nipson’s care during this incident.
RPD said detectives with the Major Crimes Youth and Family Crimes division have been investigating the incident. They presented information to the grand jury, which resulted in the indictment of Nipson on Oct. 21, for charges which include murder, abuse and assault.
Anyone with anymore information about this homicide is asked to call Major Crimes Detective J. Pittman at 804-646-3869 or Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Chesterfield County and Colonial Heights Crime Solvers is asking for the public's help to find two fugitives this week.
- A 'porch pirate' was caught on camera this week in Richmond. The perpetrator? Someone dressed as an Amazon delivery driver.
- A body found in Florida Wednesday is presumed to be that of a missing Massachusetts teenager, according to the Bristol County District Attorney's Office.
- Domestic violence survivor speaks out as officials say pandemic & holidays create perfect storm for violenceDomestic violence calls are up around the holidays and police say the pandemic is making matters worse.
- HOLY CROP! Deputies seek a Powhatan man accused of trespassing with an ATV and destroying crops.
- Petersburg police need the public's help identifying a suspect linked to an aggravated assault.
- Before a day of giving thanks, Virginia State Police is asking locals, in kind, to slow down, wear a seatbelt and don't drive distracted.
- Richmond police have identified as suspect in a Hull Street homicide earlier this month. Authorities are hoping the public can help reveal his whereabouts.
- LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Police say a Richmond man faces several charges — including a murder charge — after a person was found dead at a Lynchburg motel Tuesday evening. The Lynchburg Police Department says officers responded to a reported shooting at the Super 8 Motel at 3736 Candlers Mountain Road around 7:15 p.m. on […]
- Five people are wanted for using counterfeit bills to make purchases at a Walmart.