RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Police Department is searching for a stolen vehicle that belonged a shooting victim killed on Erich Road earlier this week.
Officers said they found the man suffering from a gunshot wound around 11:30 a.m. on Erich Road Sunday. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Authorities identified the victim as Ricky G. Seldon, a male in his 30s.
Sheldon’s dark gray 2009 Infiniti QX56 has been reported stolen and police are now searching for the vehicle. The Virginia license plate is JCF8VR.
Anyone who spots the vehicle parked and empty can call the RPD non-emergency line at (804)646-5100. Police ask that if anyone sees the vehicle being driven to call 911.
Additional information can be reported to Major Crimes Detective A. Darnell at (804) 646-3927 or Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000. The P3 Tips Crime Stoppers app for smartphones also may be used. All Crime Stoppers reporting methods are anonymous.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Two suspects are wanted in Chesterfield for the robbery of a Super 8 Motel. Police say the suspects robbed the motel at 2421 Southland Drive at about 4:50 p.m. on Thursday.
- Authorities are still offering a $10,000 reward for information related to a young boy's fatal shooting in Richmond.
- A 23-year-old Norfolk man is charged in connection with a Richmond recycling truck worker's death.
- According to the Department of Justice, a Pittsburgh firefighter accused of attempting to engage in sexual activity with a minor pleaded guilty on Thursday.
- Two men have been indicted by a grand jury for the murder of a 24-year-old Richmond man back in 2018.
- The Powhatan County Sheriff's Office arrested a man on two counts of a soliciting a child under the age of 15 for sexual purposes and four counts of using a communication system to expose his genitals to a child under the age of 15.
- The life of Ricky G. Seldon, a Bryant and Stratton College student, was celebrated at the school's Richmond campus more than two weeks after he was found shot to death in the 100 block of Erich Road.
- A Richmond man has been indicted for murder by a grand jury following the death investigation of his toddler daughter, according to the Richmond Police Department.
- Four people have been charged following unrest in the city last night.
- According to Spotsylvania County deputies, a man's body was discovered in a ditch in the area of Church Pond Road early Wednesday morning.