HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Police in Henrico said Wednesday that investigators have located the “vehicle of interest” they believed was involved in a deadly crash on Staples Mill Road last week that left a 44-year-old man dead.
Officers were called to the Route 33 area of Staples Mills Road and Hermitage Road on Jan. 24 following reports of the crash. Harvey Paul Cowan, of Henrico, was trying to cross Staples Mill Road when he was struck and killed by a driver around 8:15 p.m., authorities said.
On Tuesday, police identified the vehicle of interest as a green Ford Explorer or Expedition between 2003 and 2008 after it was reportedly seen traveling westbound on Staples Mill Rd. following the crash. Police said early Wednesday morning that the vehicle had been located, though it is unclear whether or not a suspect has been identified or is in custody.
Police are asking the driver to come forward or to contact police immediately. Anyone with information can contact Crash Team Investigator C. Jones at 501-5000 or Crime Stoppers 780-1000.
- StormTracker 8: Rain Develops Today; Eyes on Winter Storm for mid-week
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers win 31-26 at Green Bay, heading to Super Bowl LV
- UPDATE: 4 juveniles arrested after 15-year-old girl dies after fight inside Lake Charles store
- Senior alert canceled for missing Virginia woman
- Red Cross helps many displaced residents after four fires across the Richmond metro area this weekend