RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — According to Richmond police, a woman has died after being shot multiple times in the city’s Northside Tuesday evening.
8News has learned that officers were called to the 3000 block of Lamb Avenue around 6:20 p.m. following reports of a shooting. There, officers learned a woman was suffering from gunshot wounds.
Police say a white sedan that was traveling the wrong direction on Lamb Avenue at the time of the shooting. That’s when an occupant of the vehicle fired shots towards a home where the woman was seated on the porch.
The woman was taken to a nearby hospital for medical treatment, where she died from her injuries.
An investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Highland Springs’ Billy Kemp growing into major role as junior at Virginia
- Town hall held for inmates to voice COVID-19 concerns in jails
- Emiliano Terzaghi scores twice, Richmond Kickers defeat Fort Lauderdale CF, 2-1
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness