HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A pregnant woman has died from her injuries after being shot in the face on Tuesday, Feb. 18 in Henry County.
According to the Sheriff’s Office the suspect in her murder, Christopher McDowell, now faces charges of second-degree murder.
The victim, Krystal Anne McReynolds, 34, of Bassett, was being treated for life-threatening injuries at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital when she passed away.
According to the sheriff’s office, McReynolds was approximately four to five months pregnant but lost the unborn child.
“An autopsy will be conducted at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the Western District of Virginia to determine the cause of death,” the sheriff’s office said.
According to the sheriff’s office, deputies found McReynolds lying outside on 60 Fourth St. in Fieldale, with a gunshot wound to the face at 9:52 p.m. on Feb. 18.
Christopher Mcdowell, 35, of Fieldale, was arrested in connection to the shooting and faces additional charges as a result of McReynolds’ death.
McDowell has been charged with the following:
- Second-degree murder
- Use of a firearm during the commission of a murder
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
Mcdowell is held at the Henry County jail with no bond.
Barry Warner lives a block away from where the shooting happened. He wasn’t home at the time but says he heard about it this morning.
“I don’t like it at all, cause I have a 17, well he’ll be 17 next month, child and my granddaughter comes over here all the time. She’s 9 years old. It’s just crazy,” Warner said.
Sheriff Lane Perry says it’s unclear how McReynolds knew Mcdowell.
“She has not been able to give us some of the information we would need. And he declined to give some of the information we would need. That’s really where we do once again ask for the public’s help in that to help us with some of the previous knowledge that maybe there,” said Sheriff Perry.
Anyone with information about this ongoing investigation, call the Henry County Sheriff’s Office at (276) 638-8751.
- Motorcycle driver trying to escape trooper killed in collision with truck
- Richmond Fire Department fights apartment fire on Lakeview Avenue
- Deerfield Correctional Center reports 15th inmate death from COVID-19
- Hopewell Police investigates careless shooting after finding multiple firearm casings
- Two separate shootings on Admiral Gravely Boulevard, both shooting victims died in hospital