EUGENE, Ore. (NEXSTAR) — “Home Improvement” star Zachery Ty Bryan was arrested in Eugene, Oregon Friday after being accused of choking his girlfriend, according to TMZ.
Bryan, who played Tim Allen’s oldest son Brad on the hit television show, was charged with strangulation, fourth-degree assault and interfering with making a report.
Police say neighbors called authorities after a confrontation at an apartment complex. When law enforcement arrived, they found 39-year-old Bryan sitting outside. He was reportedly arrested without incident.
TMZ reports the victim told police Bryan got mad at him and then “put his hands around her throat and squeezed.”
When authorities arrived, she was hiding nearby at a friend’s home, according to TMZ.
As of Saturday morning, Bryan remained in custody.
“Home Improvement” aired on ABC from 1991-1999. Since the show went off the air, Bryan has appeared in a handful of movies including “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.”
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The Richmond Police Department have arrested a man linked to the homicide that occurred earlier this month on Chamberlayne Avenue.
- A operation involving 18 West Virginian law enforcement departments led to the arrest of 98 people including five gang members, three accused murderers, and the recovery of three missing children from California.
- A 35-year-old man has been charged with stealing a cellphone from a woman as she lay dying on a sidewalk outside Anheuser-Busch Brewery.
- Witnesses call it a “sign of the times,” after a Florida man stole a backhoe and targeted homes with Joe Biden yard signs.
- LITTLETON, N.H. (NEXSTAR)– A New Hampshire woman is accused of impersonating a prosecutor and falsifying documents to declare charges against her had been dropped, according to The New Hampshire Union Leader. An indictment obtained by the newspaper alleges Lisa Landon, 33, submitted fake documents to court officials in three cases last year in an attempt […]
- Miami-Dade police said authorities found the body of an aspiring hip-hop artist inside the trunk of a Virginia man’s car after he crashed on a Miami highway.
- According to authorities, the baby's father and mother were arguing before the father threw the child off the balcony.
- There are multiple reports in Philadelphia that thirty police officers have been injured in riots following a fatal police shooting.
- Richmond police need the public's help identifying a man accused of stealing a vehicle with a baby inside Monday morning.
- With a little more than two months remaining in the year and a significant decrease in air travel since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, Transportation Security Administration officers have already caught more guns at Richmond International Airport security checkpoints than in 2019.