RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Police said they have arrested a teenage girl who was caught on video entering a nail salon, having services done and then fleeing without paying.
The department thanked the media for broadcasting and posting images and video of the incident, which just hours after being shared lead to the arrest of the suspect.
According to authorities the assault and theft happened earlier this month on December 11. Police said the woman assaulted a downtown Richmond nail salon employee and then ran out of the business around 8:10 p.m.
Her actions were caught on video:
Richmond Police choose not to disclose the name of the nail salon.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The Prince George County Police Department is working to locate a hit and run driver who struck an occupied tow truck on Feb. 14.
- 'My Spidey senses went off': A Navy veteran helps authorities track down a suspicious man seen lurking in local neighborhoods from the Tidewater to Richmond-Metro area.
- The Richmond Police Department has identified the man killed in a Monday afternoon shooting on N. 26th Street.
- A firefighter from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania will spend up to 126 months in prison for traveling to Midlothian to attempt to engage in sexual activities with a fake 10-year-old girl. The man believed he had been speaking with the young girl and her mother online but actually was talking to an undercover FBI officer.
- The Prince William Police Department said they have arrested a religious tutor for exposing himself to and physically abusing children.
- At'Taysiah Dye went missing in January and was found dead last week. Today her mother was surrounded by family, visibly shaken as she asked anyone with information to come forward.
- The Stafford County Sheriff's Office said they have charged a man with credit card fraud after he was arrested for another unrelated crime.
- The Petersburg Police Department arrested and charged a woman in connection to a shots fired incident reported on May 28, 2020.
- What started as an afternoon traffic stop has escalated into a multiple death investigations in Stanley, Virginia. A Town of Stanley Police Officer was shot and killed on Feb. 26 and later that same day the man who shot him was killed by Page County Sheriff's Deputies.
- A trail of texts, social media messages, eyewitness accounts and a recorded phone conversation led police to the 17-year-old accused in the stabbing death of a 19-year-old during a fight in east Austin, Texas last month.