RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Police Department is searching for a man suspected of committing an armed robbery early Friday morning.
Police were called to the Fas Mart at 5200 Hull Street Road after a panic alarm was set off. At the scene the store clerk told officers that the store. was robbed at gunpoint. The thief took cash from the registers and escaped on foot.
The suspect caught on camera is described as a 30 to 35-year-old man. He is of medium build and somewhere between 5-foot-8 and 5-foot-10 inches tall. During the crime he was seen wearing a blue disposable mask, black beanie, black jacket, black pants, dark shoes and clear gloves. He had a white towel under his arm.
A video of the robbery suspect can be seen below:
Anyone with information about his identity is asked by RPD to call Second Precinct Detective S. Eacho at (804) 646-8171 or contact Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000. The P3 Tips Crime Stoppers app for smartphones may also be used.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A social media influencer, is facing charges after using social media to try to suppress votes in the 2016 presidential election, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.
- Authorities are seeking public assistance in locating a fugitive who reportedly escaped from Riverside Regional Jail.
- TIMELINE: Terminally-ill doctor held hostages, shot pediatrician and himself at her office on TuesdayAustin police and SWAT are responding to a possible barricaded person in central Austin Tuesday afternoon.
- Beware of online identity theft during tax season this year. The Better Business Bureau has advice on how to protect your identity from con artists who use Social Security numbers to file phony tax returns and steal refunds.
- A medical examiner has ruled the August 2020 death of a 2-year-old girl at an in-home daycare in Norfolk as a homicide.
- Four men were injured and another killed in a shooting in Washington, D.C. on Monday morning. The man killed has been identified as a former Virginia Union University student who was residing in Southeast, D.C.
- The Stafford County Sheriff's Office said they charged a man with driving under the influence and multiple other felonies after he led law enforcement on a high-speed chase that ended with the suspect wrecking his vehicle.
- A local man who had a loaded handgun in his back pocket was caught at a security checkpoint at the Richmond International Airport on Monday. This is the second person to be caught with a firearm at the airport this month.
- The Polk County Sheriff's Office arrested a paramedic with Polk County Fire Rescue after learning he allegedly stole coronavirus vaccine vials.
- A prosecutor says a West Virginia man has been sentenced to more than three years for taking money that donors believed would be used to send care packages to deployed service members.