RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Police Department is investigating a shooting that happened during last night’s riot.
Officials said at 1:04 a.m. Sunday, officers were told a man arrived at a local hospital with a life-threatening gunshot wound.
They said the victim got the wound when he was riding in a vehicle and came in contact with a group of protestors at about 12:30 a.m. on the 2000 block of W. Grace Street. Detectives said gunshots came from behind the vehicle.
There is no suspect description at this time.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call Major Crimes Detective D. Cuffley at 804-646-6795 or contact Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000 or at 7801000.com.
- Army issues ‘Noise Alert’ for Fort A.P. Hill area for six days
- 8 A.M. UPDATE: Hurricane Ian forecast to become major storm near Cuba
- Death toll in school shooting in Russia rises to 13, including 7 children
- Crash on I-64 causes early morning traffic backups in Richmond
- Sunday storm causes school closures, delays in Central Virginia as power outages persist