RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Reginia Baker buried her 27-year-old son Saturday afternoon after he was gunned down in broad daylight nearly two weeks ago in Gilpin Court.
On October 9, authorities responded to the 100 block of W. Hill Street at 11:25 a.m. for reports of shots fired in the area. Richmond police said officers found 27-year-old Isaiah Baker, behind an apartment building.
“He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time,” Reginia Baker said.
R. Baker said a trip to visit his cousin, left Baker, an army veteran dead. The family told 8News Baker served in Guam and Hawaii before discharging and working as a cable man.
I have a feeling in my heart that the same camaraderie we had on the battlefield, we need that in our hearts. We need that in the streets.”Laya Parker
Police have not provided any description of the suspect at this time but believe there are witnesses to the crime.
“The area where the shooting took place is a heavily-traveled part of that neighborhood,” said Major Crimes Lieutenant Faith Flippo. “At that time of day, and just one block away from a popular convenience store, we believe several people could have been in a position to see suspicious activity. We urge them to contact detectives.”
- StormTracker 8: Sunny skies and pleasant today
- VIDEO: Woman hit with blender at McDonald’s after complaining about food
- World’s largest treehouse burns down in Tennessee
- 1 injured in crash involving Chesterfield school bus, tractor-trailer
- FBI: Vigilant parents can help stop national child porn epidemic