PRINCE GEORGE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Sunday shooting in Prince George County left one man dead, according to the Prince George County Police Department.
PGCPD were called to the 4260 block of Ann Terrace for reports of a person shot.
A spokesperson for the department said the man — later identified as 27-year-old Jarrell Mcelroy — was found at Puddledock Place Apartments on the 2300 block of Flexon Drive just before noon.
Mcelroy was then taken to the Tri-City Emergency Room, where he later died.
PGPD has arrested the suspected shooter, 27 year-old Markeem Moyler of Petersburg. Police say Moyler is being charged with using a fire arm in the commission of a felony, use of a firearm by a felony and second-degree murder.
Police said they are collecting evidence from three crime scenes in the area related to the incident. Officers from the Prince George County Police Department and the Virginia State Police are working together on this investigation.
No other details have been released at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Prince George County Police Department at (804) 733-2773 or Crime Solvers at (804) 733-2777.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- WARNING: The following article contains graphic descriptions of physical injuries and neglect. Reader discretion is advised. CARBONDALE TOWNSHIP, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Pennsylvania State Police say a 53-year-old man left dependent on his wife was covered in kitty litter instead of being properly cared for. Police say David Maijala was brought to the Geisinger CMC […]
- The woman conducted 42,000 individual returns throughout the scheme, deputies said.
- JUAREZ, Mexico (Border Report) – The Mexican government says it has arrested six soldiers in connection with the shooting death of a woman who took part in the Sept. 8 citizens’ takeover of a dam in Chihuahua at the height of the recent U.S.-Mexico water conflict.
- Investigators said one of the women held the security guard down while the other one stabbed him repeatedly.
- The Richmond Police Department have arrested a man linked to the homicide that occurred earlier this month on Chamberlayne Avenue.
- A operation involving 18 West Virginian law enforcement departments led to the arrest of 98 people including five gang members, three accused murderers, and the recovery of three missing children from California.
- A 35-year-old man has been charged with stealing a cellphone from a woman as she lay dying on a sidewalk outside Anheuser-Busch Brewery.
- Witnesses call it a “sign of the times,” after a Florida man stole a backhoe and targeted homes with Joe Biden yard signs.
- LITTLETON, N.H. (NEXSTAR)– A New Hampshire woman is accused of impersonating a prosecutor and falsifying documents to declare charges against her had been dropped, according to The New Hampshire Union Leader. An indictment obtained by the newspaper alleges Lisa Landon, 33, submitted fake documents to court officials in three cases last year in an attempt […]
- Miami-Dade police said authorities found the body of an aspiring hip-hop artist inside the trunk of a Virginia man’s car after he crashed on a Miami highway.