CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — A man was shot while walking on Valencia Road in Chesterfield on Saturday afternoon.
The shooting took place around 2:30 p.m.
The victim’s injuries are non-life threatening and being treated at a hospital.
The investigation is ongoing. Information can be reported to Chesterfield County Police Department at 804-748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Richmond Police have made an arrest in last summer's homicide at the Rodeway Inn.
- Two Virginia Commonwealth University students said they were followed home by an unknown man on Monday, campus police said.
- How a "danger to the community" was released from jail before a deadly shootout with Chesterfield policeChesterfield county's law enforcement and head prosecutor say last week's violent shootout between a suspect and police officers could have been prevented. 36-year-old Jeffrey Kite, a convicted felon, was shot and killed by police on Thursday after an 11-hour standoff and eventual shootout.
- A driver was traveling through the intersection of Interstate 95 and Chamberlayne Avenue when his vehicle was struck by gunfire. Virginia State Police says the shots went out around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday in Henrico County.
- A U.S. Army soldier was arrested Tuesday in Georgia on terrorism charges after he spoke online about plots to blow up New York City's 9/11 Memorial and other landmarks and attack U.S. soldiers in the Middle East, authorities said Tuesday.
- After having their credit and debit card information stolen, several Chesterfield County residents are seeing a pattern: payments are being made in their name in Florida.
- A mother was found shot to death inside her vehicle Monday morning, and her 8-month-old daughter was discovered alive in the car with her body.
- A car thief who found a toddler in the backseat of a stolen vehicle drove back and chastised the mother for leaving the child unattended before taking off again, police in Oregon said.
- Virginia State Police have canceled an AMBER Alert issued for 5-year-old Bricen Kent Mwanawabene of Charlottesville.
- A man entered the Atlantic Union Bank in Bowling Green on Jan. 15, passed the bank teller a note demanding money and walked out with stolen cash. The suspect never showed a weapon or injured anyone in the process.