SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 34-year-old man is behind bars after an overnight altercation with three teenagers, according to Spotsylvania deputies.
Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were called to the 7100 block of Beta Court Thursday around 12:30 a.m. for a burglary in process. There, deputies encountered three teenagers and a man bleeding from the month.
Further investigation revealed the man, later identified as Michael Wright, approached the teens for being too loud.
For an unknown reason, deputies say Wright retrieved a sword. The teenagers reportedly ran to their home and shut the door.
Deputies say Wright followed and began hitting the door with the sword.
Following a call to 911, deputies say the three teens exited the back door, came around to the front of the house where Wright was and restrained him until deputies arrived.
The teenagers were unharmed.
Wright was charged with attempted malicious wounding, breaking and entering and destruction of property. He is being held on no bond at the Rappahannock Regional Jail.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A Chesterfield family was forced to grieve the loss of their daughter for a second time after a prized possession was swiped from their vehicle.
- Richmond Police are investigating after a man reported he was the victim of a robbery early Monday morning.
- A man seen forcefully exhaling on two women outside President Donald Trump’s Virginia golf course has been charged with assault.
- Authorities say they arrested a 15-year-old boy in connection to a shooting at a suburban Milwaukee mall that injured eight people.
- The Wegmans grocery store in Short Pump was robbed on Saturday afternoon around 3:00 p.m.
- Two shootings took place in Richmond's southside Sunday, just one mile and two hours time separating the incidents. A teenage girl is now dead and a man attempted to take his own life.
- Police continued to search Sunday for the suspect in a shooting at a Wisconsin mall that left seven adults and a teenager injured.
- It's not believed the boy was the intended target and neither were the child's grandmother and 10-year-old sister, who were in the house at the time.
- A Polk County couple won’t serve any prison time in a child abuse case in which a malnourished, injured teenage girl was found hiding in the woods.
- During a press conference Saturday, Judd said 46-year-old Shawn Fitzgerald was arrested Friday and charged with 408 counts of possessing child pornography.