HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 46-year-old man was arrested hours after allegedly stabbing someone Monday night in Henrico County.
Authorities responded to the 5000 block of Queens Thorpe Court at 9:54 p.m. for a report of a stabbing on Oct. 7, police said. A victim was found suffering from wounds that officers believe were caused by a knife.
The victim, who was not identified, was taken to the hospital.
Michael L. Gayles, a 46-year-old from Henrico, was arrested and charged with malicious wounding following an investigation into the incident.
The condition of the victim is unknown at this time.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- LIVE UPDATES: Hundreds protest death of George Floyd in downtown Richmond
- Stafford mom on the run speaks out about why she disappeared with her kids
- Shoppers, workers adapt to Virginia’s mask mandate: ‘I wish it was in effect earlier’
- Georgia teen pens 300 letters urging elected officials to protect prisoners from coronavirus
- VCU Health Emergency Center at New Kent unveiled Friday