CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Today Chesterfield County Police Department charged a teenager for shooting and killing a man on Thursday in the 9500 block of Cattail Road.
Police were called to the scene of a shooting at 7:40 p.m. and shortly after received another call report that a man had been shot. The victim, 25-year-old Eriq S. Coleman was pronounced dead at the scene. Coleman is from the City of Richmond.
On Monday, CCPD obtained a detention order and charged a 17-year-old male with second-degree murder for the shooting. He was taken into custody after being located in South Carolina, his extradition to Richmond is pending.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at 804-748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660 or through the P3 app.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- She stuffed keys, a small cross and money in her mouth, according to police.
- 26-year-old Montgomery County resident Julia Birch admitted to murdering her 92-year-old roommate in Kensington on Wednesday morning. She has since been arrested and charged with first-degree murder.
- 30-year-old Kearneysville resident, Rida Hendershot, appeared in Berkeley County Magistrate Court for a preliminary hearing regarding a shooting incident she was involved in on May 25th, 2021.
- BALTIMORE COUNTY, Md. (WDVM) — The Baltimore County Police Department has arrested and charged 33-year-old Nicole M. Johnson, in connection to the deaths of her niece and nephew, 7-year-old Joshlyn Johnson and 5-year-old Larry O’Neil. Police say the two children that were found are siblings. The bodies of the two children were discovered Wednesday evening […]
- The mother allegedly knew of the relationship between the two and threw them a baby shower.
- Denver residents are disgusted by a man who has been seen pooping in their neighborhood. One neighbor said she caught him on surveillance video and then called police.
- Police are investigating a shooting in Henrico that left one man fighting for his life in the hospital early Friday morning.
- RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Police say a girl was shot in the city's southside during a robbery Thursday night.
- The U.S. Navy says a sailor is suspected of starting the destructive fire on the USS Bonhomme Richard that burned for four days at Naval Base San Diego last year.
- Father Mark White of the Diocese of Richmond was previously ordered by the church to stop blogging about the handling of sexual abuse allegations towards Former Cardinal Theodore McCarrick. Today, McCarrick became the first cardinal criminally charged with a sexual crime against a minor in the U.S.