NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A woman died in a shooting early Monday morning in Norfolk.
Officials say they received the call around 2:40 a.m. for the shooting in the 2800 block of E. Princess Anne Road. A woman was pronounced dead at the scene. She was later identified as 20-year-old Shakiya N. Johnson, of Virginia Beach.
Police told WAVY Johnson was a passenger in the vehicle. No word on who was driving or what happened to them. Also, detectives shared no possible motive or suspect information.
Video images showed a white vehicle that crashed, with at least three bullet holes in the windshield, on the driver side.
WAVY reporter Kiahnna Patterson observed police also focusing on the passenger side of the vehicle.
A woman who lives in the Broad Creek Apartments told WAVY News 10 she heard several gunshots and that they sounded really close.
Another woman at the scene said knowing someone died in this incident is heartbreaking.
This marks the second deadly shooting in the city so far this year.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A Seattle, Washington sheriff's office and the DNA Doe Project (DDP) announced Monday that the identity of a young woman whose remains were found in an area near what is now Seattle-Tacoma International Airport as Wendy Stephens of Denver.
- A Virginia police officer charged in the storming of the U.S. Capitol in Washington earlier this month says he and a fellow officer who accompanied him are being fired from their jobs.
- Two men from Chesapeake, Virginia were arrested in November after they traveled to the Philadelphia convention center where votes in the 2020 presidential race were being counted were sent back to jail after their bail was increased due to their participation in the rally near the U.S. Capitol that turned deadly earlier this month.
- A 17-year-old boy was shot in the arm near Weston Circle and West Cawson Street in Hopewell on Monday afternoon.
- The Henrico Police Department is searching for a shooter after an adult male was wounded and property was damaged in the 4600 block of Grand Ledge Court.
- Officials in Chesterfield County and Colonial Heights are seeking public assistance in locating two fugitives.
- Four juveniles have been arrested after a 15-year-old girl died following a fight that led to a stabbing inside a Louisiana Walmart on Saturday.
- Both Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett and Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Chief Randall Taylor referred to the incident as a "mass murder" during a Sunday afternoon press conference.
- A 62-year-old Chesterfield man in a wheelchair was killed Sunday after being hit on Midlothian Turnpike.
- An adult male was taken to the hospital Saturday after police responded to Delmont Street for reports of a shooting.