DINWIDDIE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia State Police says a sex offender who had failed to register with the Virginia Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry has turned himself in.
45-year-old Charlton Leemon Evans of Dinwiddie County turned himself into VSP on Thursday morning. VSP had announced they were searching for him on Wednesday afternoon.
Tips about sex offenders may be left on the registry’s website at www.sex-offender.vsp.virginia.gov . Tips can be left anonymously.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A local man who had a loaded handgun in his back pocket was caught at a security checkpoint at the Richmond International Airport on Monday. This is the second person to be caught with a firearm at the airport this month.
- The Polk County Sheriff's Office arrested a paramedic with Polk County Fire Rescue after learning he allegedly stole coronavirus vaccine vials.
- A prosecutor says a West Virginia man has been sentenced to more than three years for taking money that donors believed would be used to send care packages to deployed service members.
- Henrico County Police are searching for a suspect in a robbery that happened Monday, Jan. 25 on W. Broad Street.
- There were twice as many firearms caught at airport security checkpoints throughout the U.S. in 2020 compared to 2019, according to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- A Seattle, Washington sheriff's office and the DNA Doe Project (DDP) announced Monday that the identity of a young woman whose remains were found in an area near what is now Seattle-Tacoma International Airport as Wendy Stephens of Denver.
- A Virginia police officer charged in the storming of the U.S. Capitol in Washington earlier this month says he and a fellow officer who accompanied him are being fired from their jobs.
- Two men from Chesapeake, Virginia were arrested in November after they traveled to the Philadelphia convention center where votes in the 2020 presidential race were being counted were sent back to jail after their bail was increased due to their participation in the rally near the U.S. Capitol that turned deadly earlier this month.
- A 17-year-old boy was shot in the arm near Weston Circle and West Cawson Street in Hopewell on Monday afternoon.
- The Henrico Police Department is searching for a shooter after an adult male was wounded and property was damaged in the 4600 block of Grand Ledge Court.