LITTLETON, N.H. (NEXSTAR)– A New Hampshire woman is accused of impersonating a prosecutor and falsifying documents to declare charges against her had been dropped, according to The New Hampshire Union Leader.
An indictment obtained by the newspaper alleges Lisa Landon, 33, submitted fake documents to court officials in three cases last year in an attempt to declare her drug possession and stalking case charges had been dropped.
According to the paper, Landon used the state’s electronic filing system to falsify the documents.
Hillsborough County prosecutors grew suspicious when they heard a state forensic examiner was scheduled to perform a competency evaluation on Landon. After a brief investigation, prosecutors quickly discovered multiple documents had been filed fraudulently.
According to the indictment, Landon also fraudulently filed an order to waive fees in a lawsuit she brought against the county. She also is accused of falsifying documents to halt guardianship proceedings involving her child.
Landon faces a charge of false personation and multiple charges of falsifying evidence. She also faces indictments for burglary and theft, according to the paper.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- GRENADA, Miss. (WJTV) – The Grenada Police Department is investigating after 11 people were shot at a biker club early Sunday morning, according to the Delta Democrat Times. Authorities from the Grenada Police Department and the Grenada County Sheriff’s Department responded to multiple shots fired at SSMC Biker Club on Highway 8 East shortly after […]
- An unknown gunman fired into a crowd gathered at a Saturday afternoon burial service of a teenager who was fatally shot by a Florida sheriff's deputy earlier this month, officials said.
- A 27-year-old man is suspected of drunk driving after a head-on collision injured two children in his car and killed a 70-year-old driver of another vehicle.
- Police in Maine have arrested a man accused of killing his father’s cat with a frying pan on Thanksgiving.
- The Petersburg Police Department is investigating a shooting with one injury in the 700 block of Independence Avenue. The victim was taken to a Richmond hospital by air lift.
- According to NYSP, there were multiple reports of the suspect driver intentionally attempting to hit other vehicles.
- A woman's body was found in the water in Ocean View Friday afternoon, Norfolk Police said.
- A man has been arrested for robbing two grocery stores in Henrico's west end this month. According to the Henrico Police Department, during each robbery the suspect would give the cashier a note and escape with money.
- Chesterfield County and Colonial Heights Crime Solvers is asking for the public's help to find two fugitives this week.
- A 'porch pirate' was caught on camera this week in Richmond. The perpetrator? Someone dressed as an Amazon delivery driver.